Monday 12 July 2010

nearly time for bed

Been naughty and not been on here for a while, but have been working loads so i can have time off work. I'm off camping on the isle of Skye in a few days. Hopefully the weather will stay nice, but not be too hot as i don't do the heat. Then i'll be back for few days work then off to the secret garden party. Can not wait. Going to be an awesome next few weeks.

Anyhoo.. i've added some more diana mini related things to my etsy shop. One being a leather case for a diana flash.
The case is a mock snake skin effect leather and has been hand sewn by myself. Once the flash is seated securely in the case, there are three flaps of leather at the top (front & sides) that can be folded in before folding the final flap (back) over them all and sealing with a stud fastener. The case also comes with a tiny stuffed cushion which sits in the flash bay for extra protection to the bulb.

The next item i have added is another diana mini camera case, this one being white with small red stars all over it. The case is made from oilcloth and has been hand stitched. I have tried to keep it quite simple as i always have an over whelming urge to cover all my cases in embroidery, beads and sequins. I failed with this case. On the nose of the case there are scatterings of red and white sequins. Sorry. Thankfully it doesn't look over the top.



I chose to use blanket stitch as it's a bit more interesting than the norm and well, i like doing blanket stitch. The case is connected together using stud fasteners.

*   *   * 

I'm trying to think of what i have been up to recently apart from working.

My town had a carnival and music festival - i didn't go. On the same weekend was a village nearby music festival so i attended that one. Granted i was working on my mate's beer stand. He owns an ace pub in the village called The White Hart. Brilliant food. Was a fun weekend though, and hey, every penny counts. Sorted my rent for a week. Woop. 


Doesn't look too busy there, but that was in the morning. By the afternoon i was too busy to take any pictures. Plus i had a hangover for most of the second day. Effort!

I'm really not sure that anything else has happened over the last month that's really worth mentioning.

No comments: