Tuesday 14 August 2007

byzantine

I’ve just flicked over the tele and there’s a programme on about Byzantine art. I wish I had caught the beginning. I like Byzantine art as it’s very symbolic and uses a great spectrum of colour. I like to think that the latest piece of embroidery I’m working on is somewhat Byzantine in appearance , obviously that is just my opinion. There are lots of influences attached to the piece. The main ones are war; revenge; pain; suffering. It’s quite illustrative and symbolic. Has the smallest bit of machine free hand stitch, some fabric paint, but mainly hand stitch, so has taken a while to do. Hopefully I will finish soon. Ekk! I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

Electronic Goose said...

I'd love to see a pic when you're done.

boopity boop boop said...

hey, yeah. when i've finished i'll pop on a pic